Monday, March 28, 2011

Learning to Stand




































I am taking a class called Revelation, Inspiration, and Hermeneutics. I don't claim to be anything special, but this was reassurance to me that my attempt to write a book is worth it. Dr. Fernando Canale, who I disagree with on tons of points, pointed out that no one has addressed a way of approach for Adventists to the scriptures. That is a large part of what I'm going to try to do.

I plan to of course represent my Post-Modern bias, but fully develop the need for religious tolerance, multiple interpretations, and our own personal commitment to our personal conclusions. It will be about learning how to stand up for what you believe without causing division between you and someone else in the church.

Probably no one will read it, but I will write it anyhow.

3 comments:

  1. I will read it. And I agree, the process of writing a book is super awesome, its worth it even if it doesn't sell, but I have no reason to doubt that yours would. And I've read several good books on this subject recently, if you want to compare your ideas to them.

    "Inspiration" by Alden Thompson (adventist)
    "The Last Word" by N.T. Wright (episcopal)
    "Blue Parakeet" by Scot McKnight (???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write it Keith. I want to read it. I want to talk to you about this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your guys support! Ben I hope you help me write some of it...and Justin, I would love your input as well...Greatly welcomed!

    ReplyDelete