Sunday, March 29, 2009

This brings me to another episode of I say the dumbest things...

So today I went to a memorial service at our church. Fair enough, but wait. I was directing traffic, and then I was showing people to the fellowship hall, and I was very busy, hold on. A guy comes up to me and starts to talk to me while I'm trying to tell some people where to go, and says, "man, this is so frustrating; all these people keep talking to me, and telling me who I'm related to and I don't know any of them..." not quite yet. I fairly well ignore him because I'm totally working doing other things, and eventually he walks away and goes and sits on a pew, almost there. Brad Nunn tells me to start looking for the owner of a car so I start asking people if they owned a red durango, and.... I go up to this guy and say, "so are you bored yet?" with like 4 people all gathered around him; every one of them and me realizing that that is an idiotic thing to ask someone who just lost a love one at the memorial service- and there it is. So plastered across my head is "I'm an Idiot!"

3 comments: