Friday, March 27, 2009

Questions of Curiosity

So I read this blog article given to me by a church member, and it was about this agnostic Jew who reads the whole Bible, experiences all kinds of emotions, learns all kinds of things, and ends up angrily believing that God doesn't actually exist. Wow, I don't really know how that works, but one of the questions he asked I really liked:

Why in the world is there so much death and vengeance in the Old Testament and Bible followers call God a loving God?

I would like to know the answer to that as well, but if you believe in the late great egw you can find a phrase in GC about being in heaven where our views on all God's actions will change from fear and awe, to understanding and Joy. He's not content with one day we will find out, but I guess I am... what are your takes?

No comments:

Post a Comment