Saturday, October 3, 2009

Nathan

2 Sam 11, 12

Wow, I'm reading this David, Urijah and Bathesheba story and I'm mesmerized. I've read it tons of times before, but still it is interesting. It is amazing how David continues to dig himself a hole even though he knows it is wrong. I can't believe how much lying is being thrown around here....not to mention cheating! Nathan tho, what a guy!!! Brave and Courageous, and Bold to go stand before a guy that just had someone killed to cover up his sin. Nathan is my boy, talking in parables like Jesus. It just goes to show how the Pharisees could have reacted when they knew there sin. Wow, this story nearly brought tears to my eyes, what a bold thing for Nathan to do, and what an incredible response from David. I'm impressed with how Nathan does the work of the Lord no matter who where or how. But I can't say i'm not also impressed with David's response. When it came to decision time, either I'm going to fully embrace this lie, or I'm going to fully come clean, David did the right thing.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that Nathan means "God has given"? I think that is nice because Nathan seems like a giver in this story...he gives a message of truth.

    ReplyDelete