Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mary

Luke 1,2 ; John 19:17-27

A lot of things could be said about Mary. She must have been a very faithful and devoted woman to be chosen of all the people on the earth, in all history to have the son of God. I think this reflects the feeling by God that good parents can make a difference in the raising of children. She was so faithful too. Her reaction to finding out she was pregnant was to run away from rumors to her cousins house, and rejoice during this experience. What a tough time this must have been for Joseph.

Even more intense was the end of Jesus life. The ridicule that she could have endured at the beginning would have been nothing to the courage as she walked right up to the cross in the midst of Roman Soldiers and a crowd of nay sayers. This woman was bold! I am not sure that I would have been that bold, but I don't know what I would have done. I do know this, She was an WOG!

2 comments:

  1. One of these days, I'm going to catch up and comment on all these! With deep thoughts, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete