Saturday, March 27, 2010

How I'm feeling at the moment

I think we sometimes write stuff down to make ourselves feel better about our pathetic Christian walk. It's like some guy who has a Phd or MD or DVD decides to write a book about how Christians are supposed to have ups and downs. Is that really the case, or is he just some idiot who thinks he knows how the Christian walk is supposed to be. Maybe the truth is that


If you feel like your Christian walk is currently a little blah......Its because......IT IS!!!! And God is hoping that you will actually do something about it.


I guess I feel a little like the disciples when Jesus asked them to pray, and instead they fell asleep. They weren't crying to Jesus telling him it's normal for humans to get tired and want to sleep, or that the Devil tricked them, or that sleep just felt soooo good at the moment. We give ourselves too much credit these days. "Just keep going" or "Even when you don't feel it, it's still ok".....wow, these are the words we are tricking ourselves with. Maybe it should be, "What, you don't feel anything right now, well try praying for an hour, or going door to door in your neighborhood asking to pray with people, or giving $1000 dollars to a cause in Africa. Just go do SOMETHING radical, because you are going to be disappointing God if you don't, and oh yeah, you'll REMAIN disappointing yourself."

My current piece of Advice to Myself and Others--
Work Harder. Cause hard work pays off

(current feelings)

3 comments:

  1. Keith, I'm glad you finally said it "out loud." I never want to. Literally about 30 minutes ago I told myself that I'm going to teach myself to work harder. I think you're right on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting perspective. I like it. Especially on getting the blah out of your life. Sometimes, I find it in my life, which is far from ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think this is something i needed to hear. thank you.

    ReplyDelete